- Worsted weight yarn (in your preferred colors)
- Crochet hook (size appropriate for your yarn)
- Yarn needle
Instructions: Note: This pattern uses US crochet terminology.
- Begin by making a slip knot and chaining 101 stitches.
- Row 1: Starting in the 2nd chain from the hook, single crochet across the row. You should have 100 single crochets at the end of this row.
- Row 2: Chain 1 and turn your work. Single crochet into the first stitch, chain 1, skip 1 stitch, single crochet into the next stitch Repeat this pattern across the row, ending with a single crochet into the last stitch.
- Repeat Row 2 for the desired length of your blanket. You can make it as long or short as you prefer.
- To finish your blanket, fasten off your yarn and weave in any loose ends using a yarn needle.
Optional: You can add a border to your baby blanket for a finished look. Here’s a simple border pattern you can use:
Border: Using a contrasting color yarn, join it to any corner of your blanket.
Round 1: Single crochet evenly around the entire blanket, working 3 single crochets into each corner stitch. Slip stitch to the first single crochet to join.
Round 2: Chain 2, double crochet in each stitch around, working 3 double crochets in each corner stitch. Slip stitch to the chain 2 to join.
Round 3: Chain 1, single crochet in each stitch around, working 3 single crochets in each corner stitch. Slip stitch to the chain 1 to join.