Crocheting a boho-style bag is a fun and creative project. Here’s a simple crochet pattern to make a boho bag:
- Worsted weight yarn in your desired color(s)
- Crochet hook (size H/5mm or size appropriate for your yarn)
- Yarn needle
- Wooden or bamboo handles (available at craft stores or online)
- Decorative tassels, beads, or charms (optional)
- Start by making a slip knot and chaining the desired number of stitches to create the width of your bag. The number of chains will depend on how wide you want your bag to be. A common starting point is around 40-50 chains.
- Row 1: In the second chain from the hook, work 1 single crochet stitch. Work 1 single crochet stitch in each chain across. Chain 1 and turn.
- Rows 2 and onwards: Work 1 single crochet stitch in each stitch across. Chain 1 and turn. Repeat this row until your bag reaches the desired height. A typical height for a boho bag is around 10-12 inches.
- Fasten off and weave in any loose ends with a yarn needle.
- Fold your crocheted rectangle in half, aligning the edges. Use the yarn needle and yarn to sew the side seams together, leaving an opening at the top for the handles.
- Attach the handles to the bag by threading yarn or embroidery floss through the holes in the handles and securing them to the sides of the bag with stitches. Make sure the handles are evenly spaced and securely attached.
- Embellish your boho bag with decorative tassels, beads, or charms if desired. You can attach them to the handles, the sides of the bag, or create a fringe along the bottom edge.
- Once you’ve finished adding embellishments, give your bag a final inspection, making sure all the ends are securely woven in and the handles are firmly attached.