- Crochet hook suitable for your yarn weight
- Yarn of your choice (appropriate for a pillow cover)
- Pillow form or stuffing
- Yarn needle
- Start by deciding on the size of your pillow. You can choose any dimensions you prefer, such as a square or rectangle shape. Note down the dimensions for reference.
- Select a crochet stitch pattern or design for your pillow. Common stitch patterns for pillows include single crochet, double crochet, or textured stitches like popcorn or bobble stitches. You can also incorporate colorwork or create a striped pattern.
- Determine the number of stitches needed for your pillow cover. You’ll need to crochet a front panel and a back panel. The number of stitches will depend on the dimensions and the stitch pattern you choose.
- Begin crocheting the front panel of your pillow cover. Follow the stitch pattern and work the number of rows necessary to match the dimensions you want. You may need to turn your work at the end of each row or work in continuous rounds, depending on the pattern.
- Once the front panel is complete, set it aside and crochet the back panel using the same stitch pattern and dimensions.
- With both front and back panels completed, it’s time to join them together. Place the front and back panels with the right sides facing each other.
- Starting at one corner, use your crochet hook and yarn to slip stitch or single crochet the panels together along three sides, leaving one side open for inserting the pillow form or stuffing. You can work evenly spaced stitches or use a specific joining method, such as whip stitching or slip stitching through both loops.
- Once three sides are joined, insert the pillow form or stuffing into the cover, ensuring it is evenly distributed.
- Complete the final side by continuing to crochet the stitches together until the pillow cover is closed.
- Fasten off your yarn and weave in any loose ends using a yarn needle.
- Your crochet pillow is now complete!
There are no reviews yet.