Fingerless gloves are a practical and stylish accessory that can be crocheted easily. Here’s a simple pattern to crochet fingerless gloves:
- Worsted weight yarn in the desired color
- Crochet hook appropriate for the yarn thickness
- Yarn needle
- Start by creating a foundation chain that fits comfortably around your wrist. The length of the chain will determine the width of the glove.
- Join the last chain to the first chain with a slip stitch to form a ring. Be careful not to twist the chain.
- Round 1: Chain 2 (counts as the first double crochet here and throughout), double crochet in each chain around. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the chain 2. (Make sure to work the stitches around the chain, not into the individual chains.)
- Round 2: Chain 2, double crochet in each stitch around. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the chain 2.
- Repeat Round 2 until the glove reaches the desired length from the wrist to just below the knuckles. You can adjust the number of rounds according to your preference.
- For the thumb opening, you’ll work on a portion of the rounds. Start by marking or counting stitches for the thumb opening. Typically, it’s about 1/3 or 1/4 of the total stitches. This will vary depending on your hand size.
- Continue working in rounds as before until you reach the marked or counted stitches for the thumb opening.
- To create the thumb opening, chain the desired number of chains (enough to comfortably fit your thumb) and skip that number of stitches on the next round. Join with a slip stitch to the next stitch after the skipped stitches.
- Continue working in rounds for the rest of the glove, excluding the skipped stitches for the thumb opening. Double crochet in each stitch around. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the chain 2.
- Repeat Round 2 for a few more rounds until the glove reaches the desired length for your fingers. You can adjust the number of rounds to cover more or fewer fingers.
- Fasten off, leaving a long tail. Use the tail and a yarn needle to sew the small gap between the thumb opening and the rest of the glove.
- Repeat the entire process to make the second glove.